06 January 2011

Technical Difficulties

Time/Date: 1225, 6-Jan-11
Location: F'ton

My laptop decided to pretty much shit the bed on me yesterday. I'll be honest and tell you while it was melting down, so was I.


It wouldn't be so entirely bad if it weren't for the timing of it all. I was in one of my more literary moods when it occurred; I was in the middle of writing a report for a client and also jotting ideas for my epic 2011 Travel Preview post.

My big worry is not having it back before I depart for Senegal, which means I'll have to get a new one. Fortunately for me, I had just completed a Time Machine-backup of it minutes before my personal Chernobyl happened (ok, maybe it's just a personal Three Mile Island).

Minor benefits of the meltdown (the macbook's, not mine): I hammered through the first half of Thomas McGuane's Ninety-two in the Shade and, this morning, I slept in with my gf without guilt.

There's always a silver lining.

No music today, as I haven't yet figured out how to embed a video on this platform. Patience, people.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

No comments: