Location: The dark recesses of my mind, Idaho
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving."
- Col. Kurtz, Apocalypse Now
Seriously, though...It's not that bad here.
But I am definitely looking forward to getting home to my girlfriend, dog and friends, & finishing this field season.
Here's what's going on:
- Though I've been slack posting on here, I have posted two dispatches on the Mooseknuckle Lanyards blog. You can read them here (Dispatches from...Idaho?) and here (Dispatches from…wherever..: Red State (of mind)).
- I'm working on a new page to add here. Time is limited here due to the length of the work days & 45 minute commute each way, but I think it's gonna be kinda cool. I'll let you know when it's up. (UPDATE: the page is up. It's called Species Journal. Give it a look)
- I'm getting slightly concerned with the aquaculture industry on both coasts. Read this article from the Atlantic Salmon Federation's journal & judge for yourself. Weigh in on the comments section if you so desire.
- Travel: besides getting home from Idaho, there's a trip to Mexico for my friends' wedding in early November (Yucatan bonefish, maybe?) and a sailfishing trip to Guatemala in mid-December. And I'm having dreams of (more) redfish and tarpon, so we'll see how that works out.
Here's some music.