The Que Vela, Captain Tom's 34-foot super-panga; 40 miles off the Pacific coast of Guatemala
Cast of Characters:
- Captain Tom, Panamax Sailfishing (@panamaxsailfish)
- Jon, iFished.com (@iFished)
- Salty, SoCal Salty (@socalsalty)
- Fish Allen, expat living in Guatemala (@No_Twitter)
- Victor, non-English-speaking deckhand (@No_Twitter_2)
- Me (@mattrevors)
- Dorado (@Coryphaena hippurus)
- Pacific sailfish (@Istiophorus platypterus)
|This dorado became the freshest sashimi ever moments after this photo was taken|
|Sailfish on the fly rod = biggest smile ever|
One broken rod tip was a bargain of a price for that smile. Trust me.
Salty snapped some video & did a kick-ass job editing it. See the video in his original post here, or watch it below.