13 January 2011

Random Senegal Post, v1.0

Time/Date: 2335 (GMT), 13-Jan-11
Location: Sabodala, Senegal

Greetings from Senegal!

I arrived on the client's project site earlier today after a 2-hour ride in a Caravan & spent the day getting the lay of the land. I don't have too much to say about anything (yet) but the 'camp' is pretty damn cool (it has a bar...I have mixed feelings on that).

Here are a few pics with some tunes (get used to this style of post for the next little bit).

First up is my absolute favourite song from 2010 (can't see the video below? Click here to rock out). Just try to not bop your head or do some sort of pelvic thrust to this tune.


I was grooving along to this while sitting in the back of the Caravan...which probably made the guy next to me a little nervous. At least he gave me some space.

Side note w.r.t aeroplanes: I like Beavers & Otters better. Go Canada!

Here's my view from my seat in the Caravan. I didn't have a chance to shoot any aerial shots of Dakar, unfortunately (click here to see a shot I wish I snapped). It's a pretty cool looking city from 2000 feet up (not so much on ground level, at least where I was last night). It even looks like it has some surf breaks, if that kinda thing floats yer boat.

Next up is the operations manager jumping off the roof of his truck after frantically searching for a cell signal.

You might notice above that I've been reunited with Toyota's Hilux, my favourite discovery in all of West Africa (other than les patisseries are alive & well in the former colonies). After returning this past fall, I searched eBay trying to locate one. Love 'em. Almost as much as les patisseries...but only because croissants are more affordable.

Another pic of the Hilux.

A couple more random shots from the quick site tour:


And some more tunes (click here if you can't see the video below). Enjoy!


Oh, Black Keys, how do you play your blues so, so dirty?

No comments: