24 January 2011

Random Senegal Post, v3.0 - couple of pics

Time/Date: 1635 GMT, 24-Jan-11
Location: Senegal

Here are a few pics of the camp I'm staying at.

I bought one of the Hipstapacks for the Hipstamatic photo app on my iPod & have been shooting some random pics with it.

And no, I have absolutely no freaking idea why they do that to the trees.


My humble abode...



-------
More music brought to light due to iTunes shuffle:

Flashbacks of the Social Club in mid- to late 90's: $5.50 double dark rum, Murch & Lana slinging booze behind the bar, me & the boys in Loyalist corner. And, in case the dark rum wasn't angering the blood sufficiently, this tune would come on. Shenanigans.

(BTW- Happy b-day, Capital O)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great shots matt; i didnt know you had artistic flair in addition to your geological skills...where did that music come from, link to Senegal - I guess the US is in there as well screwing over the locals in the name of capitalism.....and the tree painting, they do that in latin america as well. dunno why but...

Unknown said...

The artistic flair is mostly courtesy of various photo apps on my iPod, to be honest. I just press a button :)

Music posted has been courtesy of the iPod as well, I've been putting it on shuffle & seeing (listening) to whatever comes up. This tune brought back some fun memories of a misguided youth with my rugby team.

Turns out the painting is to protect the trees from sun & pests.

Thanks for your comment!

Mat