09 January 2012

The Guatemalan Chronicles - Rest of the trip in pictures

Click here to see all posts in the Guatemalan Chronicles

I'm taking the lazy way out: the rest of my Guatemala trip will be displayed in the pictures below. I figure I've stretched this out for long enough.

I'll say it again, though: it was an awesome trip, from start to finish (minus the whole baggage kerfuffle at MEX).

Anyone who wants to do the sailfishing-in-Guatemala thing should definitely contact Captain Tom Boice (@panamaxsailfish) at Panamax Sailfishing.

And you couldn't have asked for a better crew to fish with than Jon from iFished.com and Salty from SoCal Salty, so if they organize another trip, just go!

Note that I took all of my pics on the trip with the Instagram app on my iPod. A few of my faves that have already been posted are included in this batch, too.

Captain Tom & the Que Vela! at sunrise
Jon at the helm
Volcanoes remain "cool" to me
Jon's sailfish...after it bit him
Damage from the sailfish "bite"
My rig, locked & loaded. Spent 1.5 hours at the ready on 1st day of fishing
Sailfish on Instagram = awesome

Salty drawing a crowd
Salty with another satisfied street merchant
Salty must have oozed "rich Yanqui" while out & about :P
Volcano & Lake Atitlan, Panajachel
Local fisherman on Lake Atitlan 
The previously mentioned 'Best Goddamned Coffee Shop Anywhere"
Mural on outside wall of Crossroads Cafe, Panajachel
The best friggin' hairstyle in Guatemala, bar none...
World-famous Latin American chicken buses...
...all pimped out
Salty is a fan of the harp, apparently
'da boyz, loitering in the central square in Antigua
Street musicians in Antigua
Antigua, Guatemala
and again...

Sinatra on tour? Nope, just Salty, lovin' life! (Jealous of that hat, btw)
A persistent seller of 'fine' handcrafted (&slightly used) flutes 
Pic of the dorado, via Salty's camera, which looked Instagram-y

And that's it, folks. Hopefully there will be another awesome adventure to drag out over three weeks of blog posts coming again soon!

Keep it real.

Mat

No comments: