13 March 2011

Once Upon a Time In Mexico, Chapter 3 - #GoatTown

Time/Date: 1450 CST, 13-Mar-11
Location: GoatTown, Estado de Guerrero, Mexico

Seven days ago, I got moved over to the company's secondary exploration project.

It's based in a small, small (SMALL!) village about 20km south as the crow flies from the other small town I was originally in. This place makes the other place look like Gastown in Vancouver. Rustic, traditional, and other adjectives are very applicable.

This town also is known for roughly 4% of the population getting kidnapped for ransom each month. Imagine the poor sap that has it happen repeatedly ("Oh man, not again. I was just about to go buy a Coke. God damn it!").

Anyway, there isn't much to see, as the goats outnumber humans about 3 to 1. Hence I've been making tweets about #GoatTown.

Here are some pics. Like I said, there isn't much to see.
This cloven-footed bastard tried to eat the power cord for my
MacBook after he drank his fill from the washbasin.
We found this happy, not-so-little fucker in the office. He's
bigger than a hockey puck. I considered putting a credit card
beside him for scale, but A) I was worried he would jump on
me (hence the blurriness of the pic), and B) he was big
enough to take the credit card & make purchases.
Who needs an alarm clock? These bastards hang out outside
my window, 24/7; convenient crowing at 4:30AM
As you can probably tell, I'm somewhat less-than-impressed at the state of my life at this present time & place.

The food is good, at least...

To prove that this hasn't been a total waste of time, I'll prove my Spanish skills to y'all:
"Here are The Wolves, with their tune More and More." I translated that myself.


No comments: