28 March 2011

New FOA website + Dieppe Fly Forum

Time/Date: 2000 AST, 28-Mar-11
Location: Good Ol' Freddy Beach

I am super-pumped to show off the new website for Fredericton Outfitters & Anglers the good folks at Orange Sprocket (Twitter: @orangesprocket) fixed up. The Orange Sprocket team is top-notch, super-friendly, and I can't recommend them enough for anyone in the market for websites, branding & marketing ideas.

The new FOA website (click to launch)
The new site is a lot cleaner to look at and easier to navigate. We are adding new product listings daily to the online store, and we will be putting out videos, pics and other content on the FOA blog all season long.

As part of the relaunch of the website, FOA is holding a contest for a day of guided fishing for two people at the Atlantic Salmon Museum plus an Orvis Clearwater rod & reel package. To enter, add your email address to the FOA mailing list here.

I was part of the FOA team to attend the Dieppe Fly Forum and the Atlantic Salmon Federation dinner & auction this past weekend. It was really fun to meet loads of people & chat about fishing!

At the auction I lost my nerve for bidding on a 3-day trip to chase salmon on the Gaspe Peninsula of Quebec once the price hit $1500...and spent the rest of the weekend regretting it...can anyone say DIY trip this summer?

I then harassed the Simms rep I met to go in on a 5-day trip to Argentina with me when the bidding was at $3000, but couldn't win him over to do it. Perhaps it was because he didn't trust a non-drinking fly fisherman! (Rob: I really do drink, just not that night!!). In the end, the trip was won for only $3400!!!

I held on to the bitter end hoping my raffle tickets for a Sage rod would pay off. I ended up leaving the dinner & auction with my belly full, an ASF membership for 2011, and a few extra bucks donated for a good cause...but no Sage rod.

No big deal re: the Sage rod, though: I just put my Redington order in the day before...but that's for another post.

All said & done, it was a great weekend. 18 days until the 2011 NB fishing season kicks off.

Here's some tunes:


(Viewing this in email or through RSS & can't see the video above? Click here to go to the website)

2 comments:

Dustin's Fly Box said...

thats a cool song

Unknown said...

Yeah, I like their stuff. Similar sound to Queens of the Stone Age...which I also like!