23 October 2010

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming

Time/Date: 2335, 23-Oct-10
Location: F'ton (Lava Vodka Lounge, to be precise)

A wrap-up to a fairly busy week:

I saw Gord Downie & the Country of Miracles on Monday night and followed that up with an awesome performance by Sloan on Wednesday night. Thanks to Nick & Mike at BabZees Entertainment for the all-access pass on Wednesday's show. I didn't do anything special in terms of hospitality & logistics work to earn that pass, but I'll make up for it with the shows coming up. Details of upcoming shows here, here and here.

Both shows were extremely good. I found the vocals a little too high in comparison to the instruments for Gord's show, but Sloan sounded very good. They've been around for 20 years so I almost forgot some the awesome tracks they have out.

The plan to serve Gord a drink fell through. If it had, it would complete my silly goal of serving my four favourite Canadian musicians an alcoholic beverage (Matthew Good, Gordie Johnson & Ian Thornley are the other members on the list). Was definitely kind of dorky-cool to have him twitter me though!

I took a few pics of both shows but was only rolling with my ipod & my blackberry so resolution isn't the greatest. I brain-farted & left my D-SLR on my desk. They say the best camera to have is the one you have with you, so I made do with the tools at hand. Pics from both shows are below.

Oh...I also booked a spur of the moment plane ticket this week. I'll tell you where and what for in my next post.

Here's some Sloan and some pics, enjoy!


Gord Downie & the Country of Miracles

Gord again...

Sloan

Sloan

No comments: