13 October 2010

Creative purging

Time/Date: 13-Oct-10
Location: F'ton


I've been continuing to purge clutter from my life, albeit slowly. The first bit of trimming down clothes and unnecessary papers & such was fairly rapid & simple. Sure, it took many hours to sort through papers & files, but the process went smoothly and there were no real issues.

Since then, things have been a little more difficult, so I've been getting creative:
  • as written previously, I purchased a new ipod. It has a camera so I gave my Sony point & shoot to my parents & the Pelican case for it went to my roommate.
  • a few books have been given to friends.
  • an old cap was replaced with a new one; the old one went into the trash right at the store.
  • my girlfriend received a hoodie from my collection to keep.
  • My old desktop PC arrived in town to do some work but turned out to be useless; I'm working on a barter for that...for espressos & coffee beans.
  • Loose change is in the process of being rolled up; it will be applied to my delusional goal.
  • Spin-cast gear & lures are going to be sold on Kijiji or given away (all fly, all the time now).
I hit one minor stumbling block, though: my rugby gear. I just didn't want to get rid of it: my jerseys had sentimental value & those cleats won tournaments & championships. I mean, I might actually play again. Some day.

Or no, I won't. Tried the comeback thing, a la Guy LaFleur, last year. Didn't work so good.

And if everything meant so much to me, why was it in a pile on the concrete floor of the basement, with mould on a few things? (Side note: Hunter, the jerseys I gave you were clean. Sort of.)

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

So I'm taking advice from a fictional character played by Brad Pitt. Brilliant.


No comments: