05 October 2010

More pics and my (delusional) goal to Keep Fishin'

Time/Date: 2240, F'ton
Location: F'ton

Below are more pics from a recent trip chasing salmon around Juniper/Deersdale.

But first.....

I have an extremely delusional goal I'm setting. I debated posting this publicly. But while reading some great posts by Leo Babauta of Zen Habits on goal setting and finding motivation to achieve that goal, I came across this:

Commit publicly. None of us likes to look bad in front of others. We will go the extra mile to do something we’ve said publicly. For example, when I wanted to run my first marathon, I started writing a column about it in my local daily newspaper. The entire island of Guam (pop. 160K) knew about my goal. I couldn’t back down, and even though my motivation came and went, I stuck with it and completed it. Now, you don’t have to commit to your goal in your daily newspaper, but you can do it with friends and family and co-workers, and you can do it on your blog if you have one. And hold yourself accountable — don’t just commit once, but commit to giving progress updates to everyone every week or so.


So here goes:

This is my goal: I'm paying off a huge-ass loan. Entirely. ASAP.

Preferably over the next 87 days.

There are many financial (& logical) reasons to do this). My reason?

I want to Keep Fishin'


Enjoy the pics.





No comments: