06 December 2011

Packing List - Pt. 1

Time/Date: 1055, 06-Dec-11
Location: F'ton

5 days until departure.

I like to pack light whenever I can. As this trip isn't about working at six or seven thousand feet elevation in Idaho or weddings or anything serious enough for people to judge me (Jon? Joe?), I'm going as light as possible for this one.

Below is part one of my packing list. Part two will be fishing gear-specific & posted later this week.

The clothing & most accessories have been well-tested by me in other parts of the world, so consider the list as Mat's Official Approved Traveling Angler Gear List...whatever that counts for. I've put the brand name + links in brackets, in case you want to research these products further.

Without further ado:

Clothing:
Footwear:
  • Light hikers (Merrell)
  • Flipflops - to be bought in Guatemala
Accessories:
  • Sun mask (Buff)
  • Sun gloves (Simms)
  • Sunglasses (Costas x2 - read my review here)
  • Waterproof pouch (Simms)
  • Microfleece sleeping bag liner (REI - no longer made...?)
Electronics:
  • Waterproof point & shoot (Pentax W90)
  • iPod Touch 64 GB - camera, internet, e-books, music (read about my love for iPod here)
Luggage (checked):
Luggage (Carry-on):
********
Pop back later this week for part two - my fly gear for Guatemala!

2 comments:

Kent Fackenthall said...

Gotta say, I'd never heard of 'Sun Gloves' before. Learn something new every day.

Unknown said...

Yeah...they're good for sun protection, obviously; but more importantly they have protection to keep your fingers from getting sliced/burned by line....'specially if your hands are a little soggy...