16 November 2011

Miss me?

Time/Date: 1135 AST, 16-Nov-11
Location: Home!


To summarize:

Fishing, drinking, sleeping, eating, attending friends' wedding, feeding crocodiles, napping, reading.

My first experience at an all-inclusive resort was fairly brilliant. It rejuvenates the mind & body...to a point.

Then it definitely weakens the mind, body and soul once you pass that point. I didn't quite get there, but self-imposed detox starts today anyway.

One thing I will make clear: traveling to a resort in Mexico is NOT traveling to Mexico. What I did in March was travel to Mexico, in all its glory, guns and goats and all.

Both trips had their positives and negatives. Were I to choose one over the other...I'd take the resort over the guns & goats.

Here are a few pics.

Bridge of our blue water fishing charter


I made a friend. His name was Ed. We went fishing for baby tarpon together.

My first (baby) tarpon

Another baby tarpon...and proudly sporting my Fredericton Outfitters fishing shirt!


The gf & I weren't messing around with our 1.5L Bubba keg drinkin' mugs :)

Here's some music to celebrate my return to blogging & my semi-retired country gentleman lifestyle.

2 comments:

cofisher said...

Good times or not, you had lovely company! Glad you're back.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Howard!!

4 weeks working in N. Saskatchewan followed by 3 weeks fishing my butt off followed by 4 weeks working in Idaho followed by this trip really crimped my writing habits....hoping I can get back on track soon!