16 November 2010

Update with some tunes

I promise I'm not letting things go here at 411#3, though I admit the number of posts in November is embarrassingly low. I will definitely attempt to fix that over the short-term; I have been jotting down (dozens of) ideas & topics for posts since I started this racket, and I have yet to scratch the surface.

For now, please accept this as a reasonable facsimile of a post, with, of course, some music below.

Here's what's up:
  • I decided to complicate my life a bit by taking on an additional contract for a drilling program in Nova Scotia. This came up at the last second (called on Friday, onsite on Monday) but it seemed like the right thing to do (at the time). I'm not entirely sure what's in store for 'Geologist Mat' in 2011 (yet) and I have to finance this (fly fishing bum) lifestyle I'm working on somehow. I'm still finishing up data compilation from the project in Burkina Faso while I'm here, so I'm essentially working two contracts at once.
  • This is the second project in a row for me that is predominantly en français. I consider this a bonus as I still need (a lot) of practice. I'm kinda pissed at myself for not speaking the language since returning from West Africa, especially since my gf est une belle francophone.
  • I think I figured out this font issue I've been having in some posts. My next task is to learn how to embed a music player. If you rather the youtube versions, please let me know (it'll save me some time).
  • The trip to Louisiana for redfish is still on!!! I (somehow) negotiated that into my contract with my client. I'm super-pumped for it (only 5 more sleep!!!) but have yet to cast my new saltwater rig (i.e., old rod & reel with new saltwater flyline; see this post).
  • I'm probably going to (significantly) stimulate the economy of the Gulf Coast while I'm there (hence taking this contract I'm on). Some of these redfish flies go for about $10 a pop!
  • Two weeks or so ago, I wrote about the latest issue of Catch Magazine being released online. I should have held of for 3 hours on that post as I received the email alert from This Is Fly (daily blog here) about their new issue. Click on the image below to check it out; they have great photography, art, music and, of course, fly fishing.
Current Issue of This Is Fly
Here's some Citizen Cope. I've been listening to the Clarence Greenwood Recordings (a lot) while finishing up data compilation.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I kinda like the YouTube links (or imbedded videos) because it's my entertainment of choice at work! I'm pretty sure I'm NOT your only reader tho!