21 February 2012

Book review: Clouser's Bass Book


Fly Fishing for Smallmouth in Rivers and Streams by Bob Clouser

Pros: Lots of tips, tricks, techniques, flies & pics of big-ass smallies. Plus there's something about the bluntness of old timers trying to teach you something, as in "you can't catch anything if you can't cast to it, dumbass" (I might have paraphrased that).

Cons: it's a little spendy, and it's a bitch for carry-on reading material (trust me on that) due to size.

Overall: Love this book. I've read it cover-to-cover a few times, and pick it up very often just to re-read certain sections. Worth the price.

Ask for it at your local fly shop or local independent bookstore.

********
As you're probably all tired of reading, I had a little techno-brainfart with regards to my domain name, RSS feed, links to earlier posts, etc, etc, etc.

I managed to get a redirect in place, and I've gone back 90 previous posts to update links to other posts...and will complete the task on the other 100 posts in the very near-future...yeah, I was as surprised as you are about having 190 posts...

However...those of you who were subscribed to RSS to the old 411number3.net domain: there ain't nuthin' I can do about that.

If you could resubscribe using the link on the upper right of the sidebar, I'd be honoured (if you haven't subscribed before, you can do it via FeedBurner RSS or email at the top right of the sidebar).

You fine folks that have me on your blogroll: I would be eternally grateful if you updated the domain name so the current post would be listed.

Thanks, everyone!

********
Here's some music.

No comments: