22 August 2011

Let the record show...

To everyone subscribing to 411#3 via RSS or email through FeedBurner:

I didn't know the Google Ads were enabled on the subscription feed.

When I was a total noob at blogging (all of one year...?), I had set up the Google Ads & Amazon affiliate ads.

I kept them for a couple weeks and, after discovering they made the site look cluttered and cheap (& I was not going to get rich blogging with Adwords) I disabled them & removed them from the sidebar.

BUT...

I didn't realize they were still showing up in the posts received by email or RSS.

For that, I apologize. Profusely.

They are now disabled (I hope).

I don't write here for dollars.

There is one ad on my sidebar, and I receive no compensation for having it there. It is for the fly shop where I help out with online content, promotions, contests and community/social media stuff. Occasionally I help out on the sales floor, but that's because I like to talk fishing with folks (a lot) more than I like making sales (sorry Chris :) ).

So, again, I am sorry for the annoying ads showing up in your feeds.

As part of the apology, please enjoy my favourite song of 2010, and know that whenever I hear it, I involuntarily start dancing, which completes the process of me making a fool out of myself.

(Of course, the ironic part is some of you viewing this through email or RSS cannot see the video below; thus proving that I can even f**k up an apology. Click here to watch it...and imagine me dancing like an ass)



No comments: