16 July 2011

Random BC Post v3.0 (More pics)

(Note: This post may end up looking rough due to this whole Google-account-transition thing; I lost all of my previous settings & text templates. As I have very limited (& poor quality) internet access, this might not get fixed until I return home, so bear with me)

Time/Date: 0735 PST, 16-Jul-11
Location: still in BC

Four more nights.

That's it.

Four more nights of work before 3-4 weeks off.

Note: After this I'm working 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off for a couple months. Then I can resume my semi-retired country gentleman lifestyle.

And, to top it off, I have a day fishing booked with Frontier FarWest (Twitter: @epicflyfishing) on the way outta here. Chinook salmon on the fly (guess I didn't need to bring that 5-weight with me...).

Then it's on to Vancouver to see some friends. I'm not sure if I include Akira Sushi, The Noodle Box and Fatburger as friends, but I'm visiting them as well.

And, of course, Caffè Artigiano. The place that started my full-on (mental & physical) addiction to good coffee (& subsequent coffee snobbery, mainly directed towards that shit they serve at Tim Horton's).

I can guarantee I'll be in Artigiano seven times in 34 hours. At least.

How's that for a latte factor?

*******
A nice little internet gold nugget I recently came across is Smallmouth Fly Box. Some great fly patterns & some gear reviews on there. Definitely worth a visit if you're into chasing smallies on the long stick.

*******
Here are a few pics from the project site, with a great (early) Pearl Jam tune.

The last pic is for Tommy (Twitter: @ghost1066). It's not the close-up of the glacier I promised (yet), but considering it was taken through the window as I was zipping by in the A-Star, I like how it came out.

Tommy has some mad skill making hand-crafted lures, check them out here.



1 comment:

Tommy Ellis said...

Not only is that an amazing view but a shout out, too. Thank you so much. Maybe one day i will get a chance to see something like that personally.