28 August 2010

Insomnia, S01E01

Time/date: 0205, 29-Aug-10
Location: Ouagadougou, BF

Maybe it's the heat. Or the unofficial apres-dinner beverage of Burkina Faso (instant coffee + powdered milk, microwaved). Or it could be the Malarone...again.

I can't sleep, so I will attempt to give some background on how 411#3 came to be. From the first post:

1. What the hell is 411#3?
411#3 will chronicle my attempts to maximize the awesome & minimize the bullshit. I'm learning a bunch of new stuff and attempting to lead a fun & a little less ordinary existence.

I got the name from where I was the moment I decided to do this: my accommodations at the project site, a converted shipping container. It's my room number. It had a nice ring to it.


2. Why should I read this crap?
A few reasons: I'm mildly entertaining and can occasionally be informative. And I'll have a picture and music track at the end of each post. At least 411#3 can be one more thing to distract you from work.

From here on in, simplicity is key. I'm going to try to keep posts short, but as my friends can tell you, I can occasionally get a little verbose on certain topics. I aim to minimize it (this time around).

5. Have you seen any giraffes in Africa?
No.


Simplicity, damn it.




No comments: