09 August 2012

Species Journal update

Trophy bluegill!
My recent trip with my lovely girlfriend to the South brought a little bonus: my first bluegill.

We were fishing with Dave from SCOF on Lake James for the afternoon (well, I was fishing; Becky read & took in the sun, and Dave rowed me around...which I appreciated). We were targeting some carp, largemouth and bluegill, which are referred to as bream 'round those parts.

It was a great afternoon to be on the water...and I caught a bluegill...or bream...a sunfish of some manner...

The night we returned home, I slipped out for a couple hours on the Nashwaak River with my new Chupacabra and caught a few yellow perch & creek chub.

Both the bluegill and yellow perch were updated on the Species Journal earlier today.

The creek chubs still remain an unofficial listing because I can't seem to get a picture of them; it was too dark for the camera phone when I caught my potential IGFA-record creek chub last week.

Species Journal Stats (number of fish species caught):

  • August, 2009: 1
  • August, 2010: 1
  • August, 2011: 6
  • August, 2012: 15

Note: Two fish (Northern Pike & Mahi-Mahi) have an asterisk due to being caught on conventional tackle. They are included in the totals above. Two fish (Striped Bass & Eastern Creek Chub) remain unofficial catches due to not having photographs and are not included in totals above.

No comments: