01 March 2012

The (Self-Proclaimed) Cuppow Kingpin of Fredericton

Time/Date: 2010 AST, 01-March-12
Location: Fredericton, NB

I returned from my three week project in Mexico last night. It was -14°C when I landed; giving a solid 56°C temperature difference from my last full day on the project site. It was harsh.

Something to warm me up was waiting for me at home though: an order of Cuppows!

What are Cuppows?

Well, watch this video:


Cuppows are one of those items that say, "Wow, cool idea. I want one."

For me, I took it one step further. I went to their site to order one and ran into the minor issue of PayPal not allowing non-US orders. Being slightly stubborn, I moved to the next level: I became a Cuppow distributor.

That's right. I am now the Cuppow Kingpin of Fredericton.

If you live in Fredericton and want a Cuppow, I'm the only game in town
(unless you want to pay about $6 US in shipping).

If you want a Cuppow, fire me an email at angling<dot>ronin<at>gmail<dot>com.

  • If you live in Fredericton, I can drop it off to you. 
  • If you live in Canada, we can do the PayPal thing and I can ship to you.
  • If you live in the US of A, you're better off buying direct from the fine folks at Cuppow, as it'll be cheaper for you.

FAQs

1. How much?
$10. Ten smackers. 1 Sir John A. MacDonald.
(Fredericton folks: If you need a mason jar, add another buck)

2. What size of mason jar does the lid require?
Wide-mouth. As in, Wide-Mouth Mason, without the music. You can find wide-mouth jars at Home Hardware on Main Street in Fredericton in 250mL, 500mL and 1L sizes. I have the 500mL in my truck if you're getting one from me.

3. What can I drink using the Cuppow?
I recommend fine coffee, the 'shine, or strong drinks made of rum or the rye-whisky.

4. What if I don't drink fine coffee, the 'shine, or strong drinks made of rum or rye-whisky?
Then you probably still drink from what I call Nature's Cuppow, or, as biologists call it, your mother's teet. You can get a real Cuppow when you grow up a bit.

5. Is there that BPA-shit in the lid?
No. Cuppows are BPA-shit-free.
WF-9F fly line cozy!

6. Isn't it hot on your hand?
Yes, it is. But you can get creative and make or find a little cozy to protect your delicate little hands. My roommate, rugby superstar Chris Aaen, taped cardboard to the outside of his. Myself, being more creative and more awesome (though not as much as a rugby superstar), made a cozy out of an used fly line I had laying around (see photo on right). Other examples of Cuppow cozies can be viewed on the Cuppow blog, such as these ones here.

7. What do you charge for delivery within Fredericton?
Nothing. Zilch. It's Included. Though if you wanted to meet me downtown or at Fredericton Outfitters, that'd be awesome.

8. What about shipping charges within Canada?
I'll figure that out when it happens. It shouldn't be much, as the Cuppows are pretty friggin' lightweight, but who knows what those zany CanadaPost people are like on any given day.

9. Did you say rugby superstar Chris Aaen uses a Cuppow?!?!?!
Yup, that's right. He knows what's up.

10. What else should I know about these?
They're made in the USA by some creative dudes. They don't ever want to have them mass-produced in a Chinese sweatshop to cater to the Sprawl-Mart crowd.

11. What are you getting out of it?
A free Cuppow, essentially. I won't be getting financially rich by hawking Cuppows, but it's already letting me meet new folks. Meeting new folks is cool. And these new folks might someday want fly fishing/casting lessons...or a guided fly fishing trip...or a dozen locally-tied flies for saltwater or smallmouth bass fishing. See what I'm gettin' at?

12. You think you're something awesome, don't you?
Just buy a Cuppow. No comment. No more questions. This interview's over!

********
So yeah...I know you want a Cuppow, so fire me an email (angling<dot>ronin<at>gmail<dot>com) or hit me up on the Twitter.

4 comments:

OneBugIsFake said...

I love my mason jars, and this idea. But I don't drink coffee...

Damn.

cofisher said...

That's a cool product. Why didn't I think of that?

Raised On The Fly said...

Nice and welcome home...

Unknown said...

Thanks, fellas!