03 September 2011

Rocks & Rawkin' Blues

Time/Date: 1745, 03-Sep-11
Location: Northern Saskatchewan (still)

No fishing adventures to speak of since the pike.

I've been up to my eyeballs in rocks.

Here's a little taste of what's been playing on my iPod while I've been slaving away on the rock pile:


Ross & his bastards are local guys, and they bring the rawk. Without a doubt, at any given time those guys are on a cross-country tour (tour dates here). They are musicians that work hard at what they do, and they're definitely worth going to see.

We all bonded over the booze back in the day, when I used to sling drinks at Lava Vodka Lounge. In fact, we hosted the after-party for his CD release bash for the Redemption album. 

It was a pretty easy friendship: I made drinks, they drank them; I like hard-rawkin', whisky-chuggin', bar-brawlin' type blues, and that's what they play. A match made in heaven...if heaven was full of this type of people...

You can follow along with the boys at rossneilsen.com. Ross is also on twitter, @rossneilsen.

And I highly recommend you get their album. You can find it on itunes here.

I'll have some fishy updates (hopefully) real soon.

No comments: