28 September 2011

Randomness

Time/Date: 1320, 28-Sep-11
Location: F'ton

I haven't caught any fish in over two weeks.

The bastard's back & welcoming me
with open arms.
Two additional outings to attempt to wash the stench of skunk off in the Miramichi River have failed.

I had one salmon take yesterday, but I thought the fly hung up on a boulder and was thoroughly surprised to see a a salmon jump when I gave the rod a snap to dislodge the fly from the so-called boulder, thus dislodging said fly from said salmon's mouth.

'Surprised' quickly changed to 'pissed off at self.'

There's no feeling like the self-loathing one does in the midst of a slump.

********
For those unaware, I've been writing a weekly Dispatch from Canada on the blog of Mooseknuckle Lanyards. Being busy with launching a new startup, the owner, Jeremy, asked a few of us in the online fishing tribe to contribute articles to the blog site.

Excluding the dribble I'm spewing on a weekly basis, the writing is really good; it comprises trip reports, gear reviews, beer reviews, and lots of other miscellaneous content. You can check it out here.

********
Enjoy some music:

Click here if you can't see the video below




No comments: