23 May 2011

Post 101...? Really?

Time/Date: 0835 CST, 23-May-11
Location: the undisclosed, top-secret fly tying training facility above 57° N

When I wrote my little rant about scaring people off from getting into fly fishing with $700 reels the other night, I didn't realize it was the 100th post on 411#3.

Yeah, I know. It surprises me, too.

Anyway, when that (insignificant) little stat was discovered this morning, I decided to do a little housekeeping with regards to my blogroll.

Some links not overly relevant to the world of fly fishing were removed, and some that I have been reading regularly on my feed reader have been added.

So, without further ado, the following folks have been added:

Fat Guys Fly Fishing
This River is Wild
The Fin.com
Windknots & Tangled Lines
Michael Gracie
SoCal Salty
Compleat Thought

So check them out; they're all great sites worthwhile of your attention (i.e., they're good time-burners to get you through boring stints at work).

They, and several more, are located on my blogroll on the sidebar.

Disclosure: Joe from SoCal Salty had a contest for a pair of Costa Del Mar sunglasses. I won it. It's awesome. You can see the details here. But me winning that contest had no bearing on him making my blogroll. Honestly.

********
Music time; an oldie but a goodie:


4 comments:

cofisher said...

Hey I wanted to stop by and say thanks for the shout out. Great site. Are you having the same problems I am...no time to follow everyone? But rest assured I check things out periodically. Thanks again...I owe you one.

Unknown said...

Hey Howard, no worries at all! I like your site & thought I'd share, as I'm sure others will like it too!

I did a pretty massive "cull" a few months back on my RSS reader, keeping only the sites/blogs that I really enjoy. If I find something new, I'll give it a trial period or read previous posts to see if I want to add them to my feed reader. The blogs on my blogroll is pretty much my subscription list for RSS.

Do you do the twitter thing?

cofisher said...

Not yet. I've been debating. Just doing the blog and facebook is getting to be a full time job.

Unknown said...

Personal opinion: twitter is very complimentary to blogging, & I find it easier to meet new people in the fishing world than Facebook. Easier to share content, too; both yours & others'.