24 April 2012

Random Nunavut Post

So yeah..I'm in Nunavut. Within 1° of the Arctic Circle.

It's cold. It's snow- & ice-covered. It's treeless.

And Arctic foxes keep mocking me by not giving me an opportunity to take off my gloves, rummage through various pockets in my four layers of clothing to find my iPod or phone to snap an Instagram pic of them.

If one of them gets run over by the Hercules aircraft that keeps landing in the middle of the night on the ice runway, you better believe I'll do my best to give it a haircut for my tying supplies...

...if there's anything left of it.

Enjoy a tune:

5 comments:

OneBugIsFake said...

Who did you piss off to get stuck on this assignment?

Unknown said...

The company I do this stuff for has projects all over the world; it was just a matter of time before my string of tropical projects came to a close & I ended up here.

As I discussed with my lovely gf a few weeks ago: I'd rather a civil war zone in East Africa than the Arctic. A civil war has moments of horror; the Arctic has constant cold :p

Michael Agneta said...

Wow. Been watching "Frozen Planet" on Animal Planet the past few weeks...all I can say is damn.

cofisher said...

I call dibs on some of that Arctic fox!

Unknown said...

T-Rage: Frozen Planet, Ice road Truckers, Ice Pilots and all those shows...without the dramatical music score & intense camera angles, it's just work :P

Howard: Done. I hope it doesn't happen, because they're the most adorable-looking wild animals I've ever seen...but their fur will breathe really, really nice on some saltwater streamers...