21 April 2011

Rough Start to 2011 (for me, anyway)

Time/Date: 1410, 21-Apr-11
Location: F'ton

Day 7 of 2011 Fishing Season.

Number of times fishing: 0.

Yup.

Excuse list: Rain. Snow. Freezing rain. Ice pellets. Wind. Blown-out rivers. Broken trucks.

Of course, spring salmon fishing on the Miramichi has had good reports so far. But one would definitely need a vehicle to get there and would prefer to have a boat. Mine is still on a showroom floor. Or, most likely, in someone's garage. As in, I don't have a boat...yet. Besides, trolling streamers for Salmon in a weakened state isn't really my cuppa. I like casting. Wading. Spotting fish, or at least spotting where fish have a likely chance of being.

(To see Doug Underhill's Miramichi Fishing Report, click here)

In more positive news, I have received my gear order this week! I would really like to be able to give you a full review on it, but....see above. In lieu of actually fishing, I will do a post soon on my updated quiver of fly rods.

*****

Here's some great music from Matthew Good. Try not to relate it too much to my 2011 fly fishing season to date.

(Click here if you can't see the video below)


Stay warm and tight lines...

No comments: